Upcoming Meetings and
AERA Annual Meeting Program
Relevant Web Sites
- The new summer 2016 newsletter can be found here. Proposed bylaw revisions can be found here.
- Congratulations to our new officers: Ruth Heaton (Co-Chair), Mariana Levin (Treasurer Board Member), and Imani Masters Goffney (Awards Board Member). We extend our thanks to outcoming board members: Janine Remillard, Anita Wager, and Victoria Hand
- The Membership Directory
has been updated (June 2015). To update your contact information,
update your online profile with AERA.
Username and password for accessing the directory can be found in the latest SIGRME newsletter. If you have questions about accessing the directory, please email Meghan Shaughnessy.
- Check out the new job
postings. Please remember to refresh your browser to make sure you
have the latest job listings. Please email all post requests to: Meghan Shaughnessy. If there are
any problems with the website, please e-mail Meghan as well.
- The 14th International Conference of the Mathematics Education for the Future Project will be held at Balatonfüred, Balaton Lake, Hungary from September 10-15, 2017. For further details and updates please email email@example.com.
- The Russell Sage Foundation and the William T. Grant Foundation are requesting proposals for projects that investigate educational opportunity and success in the U.S. by utilizing data on academic achievement from the Stanford Education Data Archive (SEDA). The deadline for proposals is August 11, 2016, at 2 p.m. ET. Click here for more information, including eligibility requirements and detailed guidelines on submitting a proposal. Questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IMAGINARY Conference on Open and Collaborative
Communication of Mathematical Research 2016 (IC16) is an
interdisciplinary gathering for mathematicians, communicators and
interested professionals to discuss and work together on current issues
of communication and knowledge transfer in mathematics. It will be held
in Berlin (Germany) on July 20-23, 2016, parallel to ECM7 and just
before ICME13. For more information, visit http://ic16.imaginary.org/ or write to email@example.com.
- The IAP series, Research in Mathematics Education, is
being revived and will focus on a broad range of issues in mathematics
education at all levels. There is currently particular interest in
proposals dealing with the following areas: curriculum,
assessment, equity in addressing diverse learners, research on the
teaching and learning of particular content strands, and other
international issues in mathematics education. See the flyer for more information.
Grants are available from the Association for Women in
Mathematics. Deadlines: Feb 1, May 1, Oct 1, every year.
The purpose of SIG/RME is to promote and to disseminate
research, development, and evaluative efforts in mathematics education,
and to promote and encourage scholarly and productive exchanges among
members of all the constituencies that affect, or are affected by,
research on the learning and teaching of mathematics.
Last updated: June 29, 2016
Webmaster: Meghan Shaughnessy